Wednesday 11 December 2013

When you come back

whispers of dawn lighten the sky,
but the darkness of the heart has no respite
our garden is a now forest
but the blooms are still untouched by sight.

and when you come back
by the river you will find me
smiling in the petals of a daffodil
flitting in the gossamer wings of a bee.

and when you reach out,
in the wildflowers' scent I will waft in
in the fireflies' light I will elude
like the wind I will be wherever you see.

shades of dusk permeate the horizon
seek me in the lake at first daylight
when you find my watery grave
envelop me in you arms and hold me tight.


I believe that true poetry comes from the soul and mostly has no form. That when we use different poetry forms or structures, the form that we present it in is an adulterated rendition of our thoughts and feelings. This is a poem that follows no format or structure, directly out of my heart, hope it reaches yours. 

1 comment:

Hi there,

Thanks for visiting. What do you think of this post? Do share your thoughts, I would love to hear from you: